To say that I am excited about our upcoming trip to Disney World would be a complete understatement???????????????????????? I have no joke been dreaming about this day since having kids. I have so many fond memories of Disney as a kid and I cannot wait to share this experience with our two dudes too!
Both boys have been to Disneyland, the plus side to having a brother and sister-in-law living in LA. But this will be our first trip to Disney World and we’ve been working hard to make sure Enzo understands how different this experience is going to be. Plus we want to keep the excitement going as we countdown the days. We feel this helps Ziggy start to understand what is happening. He basically can’t wait to meet ‘Mickey Mouse Clubhouse’ and all his friends!
1. Box of Balloons: This was our way to share the news with the boys. Inside the box were a few Disney toys and clothing to get them started.
2. Paper Countdown: Make a chain labeled with numbers representing each day till we leave.
3. Personalize The Chain: Let the boys decorate the chain with markers and all kinds of Disney stickers.
4. Matching Disney Jammies: You know I’ve got a thing for matching jammies so naturally I’ve gotten several to give the boys as we countdown the days.
5. Family Movie Night: We’ve added this in a while ago without the boys knowing we were going to Disney. I wanted to give them some good background knowledge of the park, characters they could see and rides that Disney had to offer.
By the way, these are in no certain order. Just as I thought of them!
6. Disney Clothing: Knowing Ziggy is obsessed with Mickey I am always hunting for good finds there. I’ve found pants, jackets, shirts and socks to give the boys. I’ve spread these out over our countdown and they’re all coming with us on the trip too!
7. Explore the Disney Website: This has been a fun way to show Enzo where we are staying, the restaurants we planned and fastpass rides we have lined up. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
8. Disney Board Game: I’ve been looking for a way to familiarize Enzo with the park and I came across this adorable game. It’s another fun way to talk about the park together.
9. YouTube: I know sounds a little weird (right?!?) but I’ve loved watching ride videos with Enzo. We still aren’t really sure how he feels about rides. In the past anything dark was scary. I’ll keep ya’ll posted on this.
10. Conversations: We’ve had endless conversations about what to expect and how our vacation is going to look. We are truly looking forward to this next adventure.
More to come!